Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Framed Wall Letters

Since we moved into our new house, I wanted to redo the letters in my daughter's room.  This is what they looked like before -

They are okay, but just needed something more.  Here is what I came up with -


Sooo much better, don't you think? (By the way, we liked the paint so much in our old house, that we did the same thing in the new one. It has stripes of the same pink color, only one is flat and the other is semi-gloss.)

Here is what I did:

I found some old wooden frames at a local thrift store that were the same size, but each had a slightly different frame. I took out the glass and painted the frames white.  Then, I glazed and sanded them so they looked kind of old and weathered.

I put different patterns of scrapbook paper into the frames, but left out the glass. I originally wanted to hang the entire frame with the ribbon, but I couldn't figure out how I would get the letters to stay inside without ripping the paper.  Soooo......

I hammered a tiny nail into the top of each frame and just hung the letters back up.  I LOVE it! The black and white really look so good against the pink wall. The frames also take up more space on the wall, and I like that, too. :) 

I have more fun things I want to do with her room, like some cute window treatments!  I will show more before and afters of her room later.  It's so fun to finally have a girl after 3 boys! haha :)


UPDATE: My little sister used this idea for her daughter's room and it turned out so stinkin' cute:
This room is a gorgeous ice blue with black accents - I love it!

Well, thanks for stopping by -
Photobucket

1 comment:

http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com said...

Love the framed letters. looks much better than just the letters by themselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...